The South Dakota Conference is pleased to host Michael Joseph in August. He has just completed a ministry in Columbia through the UCC/DOC Global Ministries and is available to share more about his experiences with local churches in the area.
He will serve as a resource person and facilitator at the Satyagraha Institute at Placerville Camp in Rapid City Aug. 3-11. He is also willing to speak at your local church, bringing home the UCC’s wider work in our Global Ministries partnerships.
Here are a few days and approximate locations at which he can speak:
- Friday, Aug. 16 – Sioux Falls area
- Saturday, Aug. 17 – Sioux Falls area
Joseph can present about the work of the church in Colombia with whom he just worked and can tailor a presentation to the needs of your gathering. His partner, Yasmin (who he met at the Satygraha Institute last year), can also present about Mayan-Mexican music as well. He will consult with hosts about the content of the presentation as you schedule. Email Carl Kline to schedule or for more information about Joseph’s already-scheduled events.
Even if you are not able to host, please attend one of his presentations already scheduled in South Dakota:
- Sunday, Aug. 4, 9:30 a.m. worship, Custer Community Church UCC
- Sunday, Aug. 11, 9:30 a.m. worship, South Park UCC, Rapid City
- Presentation at 4 p.m., Congregational UCC, Rapid City
- Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2 p.m., Bridger UCC, Cheyenne Reservation
- Wednesday, Aug. 14, 5 p.m., Prairie Retreat Center, Bryant
- Thursday, Aug. 15, 6 p.m., meal and program, Brookings UCC
- Sunday, Aug. 18, 10 a.m. worship at UCC, Watertown
- Sunday, Aug. 18, 4 p.m., presentation and potluck, Spirit of Peace UCC, Sioux Falls
Joseph served as the national coordinator of Cafepaz Peace Studies Center, a collaborative organization that studies the intersection of Christianity, war and peace-building in Colombia. Read more about his ministry on the Global Ministry website and on his blog.
Global Ministries is a common missional witness of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ. Global Ministries works with approximately 290 faith-based international partners in close to 90 countries. Learn more about becoming a Global Mission Church or about using the Global Worship Resources.