Youth are NOT the leaders of tomorrow! They are leaders TODAY! Be part of the team who helps extend hospitality, leadership and team building for our summer youth leadership events! Become an Iowa Conference Youth Steward, use your gifts to serve the church AND receive one of these scholarships:
Recharge! Youth Stewards. Be part of the team that supports our FIRST Recharge gathering June 7 & 8, 2013 in Ames, IA.Receive a full scholarship to participate in and offer leadership for Iowa Conference UCC Emerging Leaders Track! (Up to FIVE full scholarships available.)
Youth @ Synod Youth Stewards. Be part of the team that coordinates and hosts the Iowa Conference UCC delegation to General Synod in Long Beach, CA June 26 – July 2, 2013. Apply to receive one of two $750 scholarships toward registration, housing and transportation to this fun and exciting event!
HOW do I apply? Fill out an online application AND record a video, write an essay or submit a piece of art that buy levaquin 750 mg explains/shows how YOU think the church can change the world. (Deadline: March 18, 2013)
WHAT would I do?
Youth Steward applicants MUST:
- be an active member/participant of a local UCC church in the Iowa Conference.
- attend the entire event at which they are serving
- share their gifts as church leaders.
- ask faithful questions, but not necessarily have all the answers.
- take on new tasks and help others at a moments notice.
- think on their feet in a fast-moving environment.
- show patience and calm when things don’t go as planned.
- welcome ALL people regardless of difference.
- enjoy learning new things and meeting new people.
We EXPECT youth stewards to:
- Attend all of the event they are working;
- Recruit young people enthusiastically for these events;
- Build community among young participants at these events;
- Provide hospitality;
- Provide leadership at workshops, worship, etc.;
- Be all-around helpers to the Iowa Conference staff and participants;
- Bring positive attitude and energy;
- Serve as excellent role models;
Past participation in wider church youth events is preferred. Apply online by March 18, 2013.